FIRST KEEP THE PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF,
THEN YOU CAN ALSO BRING PEACE TO OTHERS.
- Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GC94 Office suppllies

This is a canvas I have done for the challenge.  I was actually trying the background technique.  I Painted the canvass the attached the image, which I downloaded from Adopt a Ancestor.  I then covered the parts of the image that I did not want covered with Vaseline.  I then took a second colour of paint and painted over the entire canvass again.  When this was dry I then rubbed the paint off that was over the Vaseline.  Got this technique from an amazing book called Collage discovery workshop by Claudine Hellmuth.

5 comments:

  1. Your collage looks amazing especially the effects you achieved with the technique you applied. Thanks for joining us over at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collage.Sounds like a fun technique...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great book--wonderful techniques to try, and your Office Supply piece turned out SO well. That' image you used, very dreamy.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Vaseline tip ... love how you used the binder clips with your lace along the bottom ... thanks for joining our Office Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeling Paint Technique is great fun. I've used this a few times on canvases and always a great result.

    A beautiful vintage piece of artwork.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete