FIRST KEEP THE PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF,
THEN YOU CAN ALSO BRING PEACE TO OTHERS.
- Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A week of making simple cards

This week I decided that instead of getting myself very stressed out doing swaps which I am new to, that I would go back to basics, which is actually where I still am.  I seem to have dived into the deep end before getting used to the paddling pool.  So I got out my stuff and just enjoyed creating for myself.   Stamping images, colouring them in, which I have never done before.  As I did not have any markers I used what I did have which were the coloured spots from Stampin Up and my watercolour pencils.  I then cut them out and used them on cards.  I have a few more ready and will be doing some more cards this week.  I also took out my Cricut, which I have hardly ever used and got cutting.  I only have 4 cartridges but I was able to really get alot of different images cut out.  Because everybody seems to be using the die cutting machines, I felt my Cricut was obsolete before I had even tried it.  But I discovered it can really be quite versatile.  So this week, I decided to explore what I had instead of going out and spending money on new things.  Have a wonderful week crafting and I will hopefully have something to show you this week

No comments:

Post a Comment