FIRST KEEP THE PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF,
THEN YOU CAN ALSO BRING PEACE TO OTHERS.
- Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Decorated container

The Gingersnap challenge asked us to use packaging materials.  This container is actually a soft plastic container that I think bath stuff came in.  I have had it in my art room for a long time.  I have covered it with purple paper that I have also had forever.  The flowers I used came from stems that I bought at Michaels, also a long time ago.  The metal tag I got from Michaels on sale.  I have also distressed the paper using Tim Holtz distress Inks.  The wire curliques I made from some jewellery wire in my stash.

I am entering this in the following challenges

Gingersnaps  Creations - Using packaging Materials

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Use some Metal

Thanks for looking

Michele

3 comments:

  1. what a FANTABULOUS "green" creation!!!

    thanks BUNCHES for playing along with the Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classy little up-cycle ... so glad you joined us for creating with packing materials at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your upcycled container - a perfect piece! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)

    ReplyDelete