FIRST KEEP THE PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF,
THEN YOU CAN ALSO BRING PEACE TO OTHERS.
- Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471)

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I have finally got ART

Hi everybody,

I have been crazy busy with my daughters dance festivals.  She performs 12 numbers and we had 3 festivals and our year end performances in the last 2 months.  2 of the festivals were out of town.  We are exhausted, this week she has her tap exam and then we have a quiet month till end of June and then we are off to Vegas for a week were she performs 6 of her group numbers and also her solo.

So I have finally been doing some art.  I find art so refreshing to my soul.  Creating something from nothing is very satisfying.  I have been doing a art course with Tam at http://willowing.ning.com/group/fabulousfacesdvdworkshoppers  Today I am posting a stylised portrait done with watersoluble crayons.  It has been really fun learning to do the drawing of a face and also the blending of colours.

I hope you love it as much as I do and I will be posting more of my efforts soon.

Love

Michele


4 comments:

  1. Hi Michele, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment.
    Great journal page, I love her purple hair and the layered background, Tam ran a free course a while ago which was fun, she is a great teacher. art is a very satisfying pastime and great for stress relief I find.
    You and your daughters have been really busy over the last two months!, I cant believe how much you have done, they must be very good. Going to Vagas sounds very exciting, have you a long way to travel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds crazy hectic at your place and its wonderful you got some art in...and its wonderful...her hair is beautiful..love the look on her face..i too did tams free course...its what started me in my art journey really ...gave me a little confidence...i look forward to seeing what you come up with next week...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole 2 pages flow so well together and they are so pretty. Blessings, Janet, PPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. i really appreciate it. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete